Metro Institute provides online computer-based testing services in Alabama for the Alabama Department of Agriculture & Industries. ADAI proctored testing sites are located in Athens, Auburn, Birmingham, Headland, Mobile, and Pelham. All persons desiring to hold a Certified Operator License with the Alabama Department of Agriculture & Industries must first apply with ADAI and pass an exam(s) in the appropriate category(s).
1. Apply with ADAI online at "www.metrosignup.com".
2. Wait to receive your email from ADAI approving you to test.
3. Call Metro Institute to schedule: 877-533-2900.
4. Payment of $125 per test ($75 test fee and $50 test admin fee) may be Check, Visa, MC, AX, or PayPal.
5. Mail checks to Metro Institute, 331 N First Ave, Ste 100, Phoenix, AZ 85003
6. If you cannot make your exam appointment for any reason, you may
reschedule at no charge with 24 hrs notice.
7. Don't forget: You must bring your Goverment issued valid photo ID to the testing site. You will not be allowed to test without your photo ID.
Schedule a Test Online - HERE
Schedule a Test by Phone - Call "877-533-2900"
1. You will have two (2) hours to take each examination. Most people complete each test in less than one hour. Therefore, take your time and read each question and each of the possible answers very carefully.
2. You may skip questions and return to them later. You may review any or all of the test as long as you have time remaining on the clock. If you forget to answer any questions before selecting the "Finish Test" button, you will recieve one warning that you have unanswered questions. You may then answer those questions and then click the "Finish Test" button again to get your final score.
3. Most tests have 50 questions and you must answer 70% correctly to pass. For instance, on a test with 50 questions you could miss up to 15 questions and still receive passing score. However, if you miss 16 or more questions you will receive a failing score and then must re-schedule to take the test over again.
If you receive a passing score on the REQUIRED exam(s) for your specific certification, download the following applications from ADAI's website at www.agi.alabama.gov/pesticide_management: (1) Commercial Pesticide Applicator Permit; (2) Application for Professional Services Permit (Horticultural [OTPS, SLP] or Structural [HPC, WDC] Pest Control); or (3) Application for Custom Pesticide Applicator Permit (Right-of-Way Pest Control, Forest Pest Control, etc.)
Reviewing Test scores
When you complete your test, be sure and print your score sheet. You will be promted by the computer to do this at the end of your testing period. If you passed your test, the score sheet is your written proof that you have passed that specific exam. Please review the BOLD text on your score sheet for licensing information. If you failed your test, the score sheet will tell you which "Content Areas" you need to study.
Failed the Test What Next?
If you failed any of the tests, you may re-take that exam. However, you must wait ten (10) days to take it again.
To Reschedule a Test Online - Click "HERE" or Call Customer Service to schedule a new testing time at "877-533-2900"
To schedule a free no obligation demo of our services call Kelly Denny @ (602) 471-0155
Metro Institute (MI) is the current iCBT provider for the Arizona Department of Agriculture - Pest Management Division (PMD). MI has been providing testing services in Arizona since 2003. After our initial success in Arizona, MI was selected by twelve additional state pesiticide regulatory agencies for iCBT exams.
202 East Earll Drive, Ste 180
Phoenix, AZ 85012, USA
Phone: (602) 452-2900
Toll Free: (877)-533-2900
Fax: (602) 452-2920