Metro Institute provides online computer-based testing services in Oregon for the Oregon Department of Agriculture. ODA proctored testing sites are located throughout the state. All persons desiring to hold a pesticide license with the Oregon Department of Agriculture must contact Metro Institute to schedule a computer based exam.
1. Call Metro Institute to schedule: 877-533-2900 or visit "HERE"
2. Payment ($58.00 per test ) may be Check, Visa, MC, AX, or PayPal.
3. Mail checks to Metro Institute, 331 N First Ave, Ste 100, Phoenix, AZ 85003
4. A 24 hour notice is required to schedule, or reschedule any exam. There is no charge to reschedule an exam with 24 hours notice.
5. Don't forget: You must bring your government issued photo ID to each testing session.
6. All exams are closed book.
Schedule a Test Online - "HERE"
Schedule a Test by Phone - Call "877-533-2900"
Test Study Materials - Click "HERE"
1. You will have two (2) hours to complete each closed book examination. Most people complete each test in less than one hour. Therefore, take your time and read each question and each of the possible answers very carefully.
2. You may skip questions and return to them later. You may review any or all of the test as long as you have time remaining on the clock. If you forget to answer any questions before selecting the "Finish Test" button, you will receive one warning that you have unanswered questions. You may then answer those questions and then click the "Finish Test" button again to get your final score.
3. Most tests have 100 questions and you must answer 70% correctly to pass. For instance, on a test with 100 questions you could miss up to 30 questions and still receive a passing score. However, if you miss 31 or more questions you will receive a failing score and then must re-schedule to take the test over again.
To pass an exam, you must answer 70 percent or more of the questions correctly. If you have successfully completed the "Laws and Safety" exam and at least one Category-Specific exam you may qualify for a license however, you must first apply for a license from the Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA). The pesticide license application will be sent to either the email address or mailing address given when your test was scheduled. The email address or mailing address may be that of an employer or future employer if they scheduled your test. If you want your test results to go ONLY to you, you must make sure the contact information is accurate. If you have any questions about your license, please contact the Pesticides Program at 503-986-4635.
Reviewing Test Scores
When you complete your test, be sure and print your score sheet. You will be prompted by the computer to do this at the end of your testing period. If you passed your test, the score sheet is your written proof that you have passed that specific exam. Please review the BOLD text on your score sheet for licensing information. If you failed your test, the score sheet will tell you which "Content Areas" you need to study.
Failed the Test What Next?
If you failed any of the tests, you may re-take that exam.
To Reschedule a Test Online - Click "HERE" or Call Metro Institute to schedule a new testing time at (602) 452-2908
Metro Institute (MI) is the current iCBT provider for the Arizona Department of Agriculture - Pest Management Division (PMD). We have delivered over 100,000 secure and successful testing sessions. MI has been providing testing services in Arizona since 2003. After our initial success in Arizona, MI was selected by 10 additional state agencies for iCBT exams:
331 North First Ave, Ste 100
Phoenix, AZ 85003, USA
Phone: (602) 452-2900
Toll Free: (877)-533-2900
Fax: (602) 452-2920