Metro Institute provides online computer-based testing services in Indiana for the Office of Indiana State Chemist. OISC proctored testing sites are located throughout the state. All persons desiring to hold a pesticide certification with the Office of Indiana State Chemist must contact Metro Institute to schedule a computer based exam.
1. Visit Metro Institute at http://indiana.metrosignup.com to schedule or call 877-533-2900.
2. Payment ($55.00 per test ) may be Visa, MC, AX, or PayPal.
3. A 24 hour notice is required to schedule, or reschedule any exam. There is no charge to reschedule an exam with 24 hours notice.
4. Don't forget: You must bring your government issued photo ID to each testing session.
5. All exams are closed book. No cell phones, personal calculators (one will be provided), drinks or any other personal items will be allowed in the testing room.
Schedule a Test Online - http://indiana.metrosignup.com
Schedule a Test by Phone - Call "877-533-2900"
Test Study Materials - Click "HERE"
1. You will have 60 to 90 minutes depending on the exam to complete each closed book examination. Most people complete each test in less than one hour. Therefore, take your time and read each question and each of the possible answers very carefully.
2. You may skip questions and return to them later. You may review any or all of the test as long as you have time remaining on the clock. If you forget to answer any questions before selecting the "Finish Test" button, you will receive one warning that you have unanswered questions. You may then answer those questions and then click the "Finish Test" button again to get your final score.
3. Test have between 50 to 90 questions each. If you pass you be given instruction about what to do next to complete the certification process. If you receive a failing score then must re-schedule to take the test over again.
4. You may take a practice test as many times as you wish prior to the real exam. This practice exam does not contain any content relevant to the actual exam and is provided as tutorial demonstrating exam navidgation only.
If you have successfully completed the appropriate exams you may qualify for a license. However, you must first apply for a license from the Office of Indiana State Chemist (OISC). The pesticide license application can be downloaded from the OISC website, www.oisc.purdue.edu, click on the pesticide home page. If you have a current license, it will be updated automatically. If you have any questions about your license, please contact the Office of Indiana State Chemist - Pesticides Program at 765-494-1492.
Reviewing Test Scores
When you complete your test, be sure and print your score sheet. You will be prompted by the computer to do this at the end of your testing period. If you passed your test, the score sheet is your written proof that you have passed that specific exam. Please review the BOLD text on your score sheet for licensing information. If you failed your test, the score sheet will tell you which "Content Areas" you need to study.
Failed the Test What Next?
If you failed any of the tests, you may re-take that exam.
Metro Institute (MI) is the current iCBT provider for the Arizona Department of Agriculture - Pest Management Division (PMD). MI has been providing testing services in Arizona since 2003. After our initial success in Arizona, MI was selected by twelve additional state pesiticide regulatory agencies for iCBT exams.
202 East Earll Drive, Ste 180
Phoenix, AZ 85012, USA
Phone: (602) 452-2900
Toll Free: (877)-533-2900
Fax: (602) 452-2920