Metro Institute provides online computer-based testing services in Mississippi for the Department of Agriculture & Commerce. MDAC proctored testing sites are located throughout the state.
Application and Testing Procedure:
1. Apply with the Bureau of Plant Industry online at www.metrosignup.com
2. Wait to receive your email from the Bureau of Plant Industry approving you to test.
3. Visit www.metrosignup.com exam or call: 877-533-2900.
4. Payment of $55 per test (admin fee) may be Check, Visa, MC, AX, or PayPal.
5. Mail checks to Metro Institute, 331 N First Ave, Ste 100, Phoenix, AZ 85003 (Exams cannot be scheduled until payment is received)
6. If you cannot make your exam appointment for any reason, you may reschedule at no charge within 24 hours notice.
7. Don't forget: You must bring your Goverment issued valid photo ID to the testing site. You will not be allowed to test without your photo ID.
8. All exams are closed book and proctored.
For customer support call toll free "877-533-2900"
1. You will have one (1) to two (2) hours to take each examination. Most people complete each test in half of the alloted time. Take your time and read each question and each of the possible answers very carefully.
2. You may skip questions and return to them later. You may review any or the entire test as long as you have time remaining on the clock. If you forget to answer any questions before selecting the "Finish Test" button, you will receive one warning that you have unanswered questions. You may then answer those questions and then click the "Finish Test" button again to get your final score.
3. The commercial certification tests have from 10 to 50 questions each and you must answer 70% correctly to pass. For example, on a test with 10 questions you could only miss 3 questions and still receive a passing score. On a test with 50 questions, you could miss up to 15 questions and still receive a passing score.
4. The license examinations have from 40 to 100 questions each and you must answer 70% correctly to pass. For example, on a test with 40 questions you could only miss 12 questions and still receive a passing score. On a test with a 100 questions, you could miss up to 30 questions and still receive a passing score.
You must pass your core and category exam to become commercially certified. A commercial certification card will be mailed to you from the Bureau of Plant Industry after you’ve successfully passed the core and category exams.
If you passed a Consultant exam, a new or reissued card will be mailed to you from the Bureau of Plant Industry after you’ve successfully passed the required exams.
If you passed a Dealers exam, a certificate will be mailed to you from the Bureau of Plant Industry after you’ve successfully passed the exam.
Reviewing Test scores
When you complete your test be sure and print your score sheet. You will be prompted by the computer to do this at the end of your testing period. If you passed your test, the score sheet is your written proof that you have passed that specific exam. Please review the BOLD text on your score sheet for pest, weed, and/or tree surgeon licensing information. If you failed your test, the score sheet will tell you which "Content Areas" you need to study.
Failed the Test What Next?
If the applicant failed a commercial certification exam or dealer’s exam, the applicant may retake that exam the next available day (typically 48hrs.).
If the applicant fails the consultant examination for the first time, the applicant may take the examination again after a period of at least ninety (90) days. If the applicant fails the consultant examination the second time, the applicant shall wait a full year before taking the examination the third time.
If the applicant fails the tree surgeon examination, the applicant may take it again after a period of at least ninety (90) days.
If the applicant fails a pest or weed control permit examination, the applicant may take it again after a period of at least ninety (90) days.
If the applicant fails the pest or weed control license examination twice in consecutive attempts, the applicant shall wait a full year before taking the examination again.
Metro Institute (MI) is the current iCBT provider for the Arizona Department of Agriculture - Pest Management Division (PMD). We have delivered over 100,000 secure and successful testing sessions. MI has been providing testing services in Arizona since 2003. After our initial success in Arizona, MI was selected by 10 additional state agencies for iCBT exams:
331 North First Ave, Ste 100
Phoenix, AZ 85003, USA
Phone: (602) 452-2900
Toll Free: (877)-533-2900
Fax: (602) 452-2920